Services - Debt Collection & Recovery
The prompt collection of outstanding accounts requires effective contact with the debtor at the earliest opportunity. Within 24 Hours of an account placement , we attempt such contact by way of a suitably worded demand letter faxed, emailed and/or mailed, complemented by a telephone demand. Generally the demand letter will be sent on the same day as the referral is received. We will take the necessary steps, such as field calls or skip and/or asset tracing to locate the debtor and enforce your rights.
At all times our contact with the debtor will be professional and assertive. We will endeavour to have accounts settled in full, however, it may be necessary to arrange a suitable repayment plan to resolve the debt. In this instance Premier Mercantile will obtain your acceptance or otherwise of such an offer and monitor payments to finality.
Sound information and good attention to detail is vital when referring files for collection. The minimum of information required to ensure a maximum debtor impact would be:
- Full name and address of the debtor including telephone contacts and any third parties involved
- Complete details of the debt and, if possible details of collection action taken to date
- Details of any negotiable instruments, retention of title, lien, guarantees or securities held
- A copy of the relevant credit application
- A copy of the last statement sent